This assignment consists of two (2) sections:
- MS Project Exercise
- A Project Management Process – Initiation Paper
You must submit both sections as separate files upon the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Section 1: MS Project Exercise
1. Develop a multilevel work breakdown structure (WBS) and create a detailed project schedule in MS Project for the project you identified. Note: The project must consist of at least twenty-five (25) tasks. Each task must have a start date, a finish date, assigned main staffing and non-staffing resources.
Section 2: Project Management Process − Initiation Paper
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
2. Define the scope of the project in which you include the project goals and objectives, deliverables, tasks, costs, deadlines, and expected main staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
3. Determine the phase of your project which will present the greatest challenge. Next, provide one (1) strategy that you would use in order to address the challenge in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
A project is one that is unique (not something that you do on a routine basis)
– relies of a set of activties to deliver something(s) to a customer
– relies on the user of resources, mainly labor, but may include materials & equipment
– each activity must be assigned to at least one resource
– has a start and finish date
– must be at least 25 activities