Choose one of the following major criminal justice areas: law enforcement, prisons/corrections, the courts, Homeland Security, private security, or emergency management and address the following.
1. Identify the topical area (e.g. local police department, community jail, border patrol)
2. Define a problem or challenge within your topical area that you understand in some depth or have an interest in (examples include high crime rate, poor morale, high levels of violence or recidivism, high number of civilian complaints of harassment, inadequate equipment). Outline the context of the problem or challenge, including the history and any policy decisions that have contributed to the situation.
3. How have internal or external stakeholders influenced the situation in a positive or negative way? How will you consider stakeholders in your solution to the problem? How will you motivate individuals to buy into your solution?
4. Discuss how technologies or information systems have contributed to the problem and how you will propose technology be implemented into the solution.
5. Discuss what data you have collected or researched to indicate there is a problem. Include at least two sources of data and how each is relevant to the problem.
6. Develop an effective and efficient solution(s) and a course of action (i.e. plan) that addresses the problem or challenge.
7. Explain what methods of assessment you will employ to measure the effectiveness of your solutions.
This paper should be between10 and 15 pages in length, not including title and reference pages, and must adhere to APA 6thed style standards including the following: Double space, 1” margins, title page, in text citation references, and a reference page. There should be a minimum of 7 credible references (not Wikipedia, etc…).