Assignment 5: Creating Your Dream Job
In this assignment, you get the chance to create your dream job and to build its compensation plan and appraisal performance.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Create a job description and specifications for your dream job.
- Design a compensation and benefits package related to your dream job.
- Rationalize your compensation and benefits package. Be sure to indicate the research and considerations that went into the design of the compensation and benefits package.
- Imagine this is the only position of its kind in the organization. From this perspective, design a performance appraisal program to assess your job performance.
- Rationalize your performance appraisal program. Be sure to indicate the research and considerations that went into the design of the performance appraisal program.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss job analysis, job descriptions, and specifications.
- Analyze various techniques, considerations, and designs of employee compensation programs.
- Analyze various techniques, considerations, and designs of performance appraisal programs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.