Please respond to this discussion and student respond, this two part question.
Employees’ Development Please respond to the following:
- Assess the benefits of two types of development activities that would affect employee performance within a management training program in any company.
Second part is Catherine post.
Employees’ Development” Please respond to the following:
- Assess the benefits of two types of development activities that would affect employee performance within a management training program.
- According to the course material in chapter 10 page 420, executive/management education programs at universities provide knowledge and skills of a general nature. These programs cover the range of management issues form traditional MBA functional areas to the development of strategic visioning skills. Other sources of management development activities include training vendors, consultants, and professional associations.
- The principal advantages of extremely based programs are as follows:
- The expose managers to the current thinking and theory in management.
- They remove organizational constraints in exploring new approaches.
- They allow interchange of ideas among managers from different organizational backgrounds.
- They cost less per person than internally developed programs.
- From the scenario, determine two effects of employee development.
- The benefits of the two types of development activities that would affect employee performance within a management training program are as follows:
- Job Rotation
- Helps employee development by perhaps providing an alternative career path.
- Gives employees diverse skills, and increases their flexibility within the organization.
- Higher productivity, greater creativity, and an energized work force are all possible outcomes.
- Team Building
- Improves group effectiveness
- Improve decision making
- Improves interaction with others.
- The two effects of employee development from the scenario are increased productivity and employee retention.