Purpose: This assignment focuses on change and the implementation of a decision. Students will evaluate the interaction with stakeholders, management of decision consequences and change in implementing a decision. Students should review all learning activities and assignments to ensure an understanding of key concepts.
The purpose of this assignment is to have the student demonstrate how implementation of a decision involves change within an organization.
Instructions: You are the CEO of SunPower, Inc. The job of implementing the Board of Directors’ decision to move the company to New Mexico has been delegated to you. Before anything can be done in carrying out the decision, the consequences of implementing the decision must be evaluated. Stakeholders are vital to the organization and it is necessary to consider how the decision will impact them. Also, the decision will impact the business concern so be sure to consider all aspects of how the decision will impact the business.
Then create a plan that will address the changes that will occur as a result of the decision’s implementation. The reasons for the choices you have made in the plan should take into account the material discussed in class and focus on communicating and creating change.
Double-spaced, 12-point font, third person, APA in-text citations. The final product will be between 5-6 pages in length excluding the title page and the reference page.
Follow this format:
- Introduction paragraph in which the decision process is described and its significance in business.
- Body Paragraphs
- Summary paragraph. A summary paragraph restates the main idea(s) of the essay. Make sure to leave a reader with a sense that the essay is complete.
Read critically and analyze the case study.
In your paper, respond to the following elements:
- Identify and discuss consequences to stakeholders and the business concern that will be impacted by implementing the decision;
- Develop a plan for implementation that addresses the change.
- Use a model of change as part of the Implementation Plan