For this project, you will analyze a business case and make recommendations based on the outcome of your analysis. The goal is to demonstrate strategic critical thinking skills when analyzing a business scenario, taking all factors into account, and recommend a strategy to move that company forward. Your analysis and recommendations should flow together, providing your readers with a clear picture of the issues at hand and leading them to the logical conclusion of your strategic recommendations. Your case analysis should be designed for an audience of working adults who are seeking to improve their understanding of your chosen topic.
In Unit 6, you will submit a complete draft of your analysis. Your final submission is due in Unit 9. Before you submit the final version of your paper, revise your draft based on the feedback you receive. In addition, as you learn new concepts within the final units of the course, you may need to revisit your draft and add additional supporting points or content, as warranted.
The case you will analyze is included in your text, specifically, “Case 30: Yahoo! Inc.: Marissa Mayer’s Challenge,” pages 30-1 to 30-12. In preparation for your case analysis, read “Guide to Strategic Management Case Analysis” in the text, which provides valuable advice on how to analyze a business case. As you develop your analysis and recommendations, use the tools provided in your text to guide you. Also, consider the information and knowledge you are acquiring and think about how you can apply this in your current professional work.
Pearce, J. A., & Robinson, R. B. (2015). Strategic management (14th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Solve problems within professional standards.
- Plan strategically for domestic and global environments.
- Employ high-performing business management techniques.
- Use appropriate financial models and principles to support decisions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Create organizational value.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
- Content and flow: In your final submission, be sure that the:
- Structure is evident, understandable, and appropriate.
- Main and supporting points are easily identifiable, plausible, and clear.
- Paper employs a minimum of four reputable sources to support main points.
- Logic is identifiable, reasonable, and sound.
- Paper includes at least two charts, graphs, or visual aids to support your points.
- Transitions from point to point are excellent and paragraphs support solid topic sentences.
- Number of pages: Your final paper must be 6–8 pages, excluding the title page and reference list.
- File format: Be sure to submit your paper in Microsoft Word format.
- Style and formatting: Use proper APA sixth edition style to cite and reference your sources. Also follow APA formatting guidelines for the layout of your paper. Refer to the Capella Online Writing Center’s APA sixth edition style and formatting module on iGuide for more information.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.