I have a time line project I’m struggling with. I need help with completing this assignment. Here are the details:
- You will be required to provide a change over time historical analysis on the following broad theme: Changes to American Society and Culture from 1700 to 1812
Please note that this is a very broad topic that you can narrow in many ways. Change can be defined in many ways (you can look at cultural trends and fads, demographics, or any other narrower topic that can relate to society and culture). So, just as with a broad prompt for an analytical essay, you will have to do some brainstorming/concept mapping to come up with your narrowed focus. You are welcome to email me (your instructor) to discuss your overall thesis for your project before you get too far along.You must choose a minimum of 6 events that relate to your narrowed theme. 2 must come from 1700-1763; 2 from 1763-1783, and two from 1783-1812.You will conduct your research utilizing your assigned readings and course materials, for this assignment you will also access the Internet and you may use Internet resources of academic quality (properly cited) for this assignment. You will also find images from the Internet to use on your timeline. You must also utilize 3 Primary Sources in your timeline. You will utilize Time Toast (see info below) for creating your timeline and you will then write a 1-2 page change over time analysis of your findings.The timeline is worth 250 points and the analysis worth 50 points.
Successful projects will
- Have a title that clearly identifies the theme and narrowed focus (and includes your initials in a parenthesis at the end)
- Contain a minimum of 6 chronological events with at least two from each era noted above
- Clearly explain in the Time Toast text box for each event what the event is and how it relates to your theme/focus. Geographic location of event should also be referenced. This is a one paragraph in length analysis of each location (minimum of 75 words).
- Consider how chronology influenced the outcome of events (in analysis)
- Make connections by explaining how the events are related (in timeline and analysis)
- Determine if there are any significant patterns revealed by the timeline of your events or their geographic location (in your analysis)
- Utilize three primary source documents (in timeline – can also utilize in your analysis)
- Utilize academically appropriate secondary sources
- Be aesthetically pleasing, each entry in Time Toast must have a relevant image.
- Use proper Turabian/Chicago citation
Each of the 6 events must include a 1 paragraph analysis, proper Turabian/Chicago style footnote citations, a relevant image. Geographic location should also be noted.