Chapter 7 Case Study 7 1 Site Security and Secure Escorts
Using information from the attached documents and from outside reading, please respond to each question below as regards the corresponding case study in approximately 2-3 paragraphs per question. All cited material must include both internal citations and a complete reference list at the end of the paper. A cover sheet should minimally indicate the Case Study number, and the date.
How to Write a Case Study
You have to think like a practicing manager if you want to analyze a case successfully. As part of your analysis, it is necessary, but not sufficient to answer the following questions in enough depth to show that you have performed more than a superficial reading of the caseâ€™s content, and subsequently applied relevant theory.
Â· What is the issue being presented or analyzed in the case? Focus on the main issue in the case if more than one topic is presented. Use your judgment to decide on which issue is the one that is potentially most costly to an organization if left unresolved. There are more kinds of cost to be considered than economic costs. Do not neglect them in your analysis.
Â· Where did the issue take place? Consider this because you need to take into account cultural and environmental considerations that may differ from those of the United States, in your analysis.
Â· When did the issue take place? There may be historic and environmental considerations different from those of the United States, which should be taken into account in your analysis.
Â· Who was affected by the issues? In other words, who are the stakeholders inside and outside of the organization that need to be considered when formulating an analysis, and possible response to the situation?
Â· Why did the issue occur? This may involve conjecture on your part. It is all right to speculate; just identify your speculation as such. In an empirical case, causal factors may be identified as such.
Â· How would you, as a manager, apply the insights gained from the case to improve an (your) organizationâ€™s operations?
Answers should be written in grammatically correct, well-formulated English sentences. Each paragraph should be organized around a single topic, and transitions should flow logically from one paragraph to the next.
Chapter 7, Case Study 7.1 â€“ Site Security and Secure Escorts
Please read the case and:
1. Submit answers to the four questions following the case by the previously noted deadline.
2. You may want to consider the above factors (â€œHow to write a case studyâ€) when you are preparing your case answers as an aid to organizing your information if you find it helpful. Please answer the question using what, where, when, who, why and how.
1. What were the main steps in the diagnosis and who was involved at each stage?
2. Was there anything that influenced what the CEO paid attention to?
3. What were the main sources of information that informed the diagnosis?
4. How was information obtained?