Community Change psychology homework help
Ashford 2: – Week 1 – Assignment
Write a two- to- three- page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies a problem faced by your community. Discuss how a model of community change could be implemented to improve the problem.
- Describe six features of your community (e.g., cultural make up, size, and locality).
- Define the problem (e.g., obesity, environmental pollution, teenage pregnancy, graffiti, truancy, gangs, drugs, child labor, or insufficient educational programs) and explain why the problem is detrimental to the community.
- Select a model of community change identified in the textbook and explain how it could be implemented to improve the problem.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will be most successful at solving and provide reasoning as to why.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will struggle to solve and provide reasoning as to why.
The bulk of your paper should focus on the third component above (the model of community change). Your paper must include a minimum of two scholarly sources and be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the
Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
| In Ashford courses, there are two different ways to submit assignments for grading. Depending on the system the course utilizes, assignments will either be submitted via the classroom Assignment Basket or Waypoint .
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint Tutorial.