Critique of a peer reviewed Journal article writing homework help
Assignment #1: Critique of a peer-reviewed journal article
1. Begin by reading the AJOT article, â€œWeaving the warp and weft of occupational therapy: An art and science for all timesâ€ (Wood, 1995). The article is posted on BlackBoard, and it can also be accessed for free from the AOTA website using the following reference information:
Wood, W. (1995). Weaving the warp and weft of occupational therapy: An art and science for all times. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 49, 44-52.
2. Adhering to APA Style, write a scholarly paper 3 to 5 pages in length, in which you explain the following:
- What does it mean to you that occupational therapy is described by Ms. Wood as both an art and a science?
- How have you observed the art and science of OT in your professional practice as an OTA?
- In the course of 20 years since this article was written, has anything changed regarding the perspective and practice of OT as both an art and a science? Describe how this phenomenon has either continued unchanged or has significantly changed. Support your answer by using at least one outside reference (i.e. not from the article itself.)
- What is the value and significance of the information in this article:
- for occupational therapy practitioners;
- to occupational therapistsâ€™ colleagues from other professional disciplines;
- to the field of occupational therapy?
3. It is OK to write this scholarly paper in the first person voice. E.g. â€œI think that. . .â€ or â€œI experienced. . . â€œ
4. Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph. Use headings to organize your information.
5. Not counting a cover page or references page, this paper should be between 3 and 5 pages, double spaced in size 12 font, with one-inch margins.