For your final project this week, you will be developing a portfolio. In order to help you better understand the purpose of your assignment, we want to take a deeper look into the use of portfolios as an assessment tool. Chapter 6 of the course text discusses how portfolios are used to develop a holistic picture of a childâ€™s abilities by providing a framework to gather and evaluate artifacts ((Howard, V. F., & Aiken, E., 2015).As a professional working with children, your role in portfolio assessment is a vital one. For this discussion, we will focus on the importance of portfolio assessment in the classroom or childcare center.
- Discuss how portfolio assessments support you as a professional in your quest to ensure thegrowth of the children with whom you work. Make sure to include specific examples of the purposes of portfolios to support your thinking.
- Explain how you will manage the logistical piece of using portfolio assessments. Reference section 6.2 Portfolio Logistics from the course text to support your explanation.
- Describe the different types of evidence that are included in portfolios. Make sure to explain the role the children will play in this piece of the portfolio process.
- Discuss how you will include families in the portfolio assessment process, and why this important to the portfolio process
- Explain how the portfolio process you will use with children mirrors the portfolio you are creating for your final project in this course.