The focus of this discussion is adolescent healthcare. Please address the following points in your initial response:
- In your opinion, what are the two most important factors that influence adolescent development? Give rationales for your choices.
- In the Western culture, there are a variety of health services available for adolescents, but what is missing in Western society that would benefit health promotion for adolescents?
- How do the health problems that adolescents face impact their health and wellness in their lifetime?
- A fourteen-year-old female comes into the clinic accompanied by her mother. The teen states she feels a “lump” in her right breast. How would you address this complaint with the patient and her mother? What history and physical examination (PE) would be important to assess? What teaching would you do with the patient? Hint: Remember she is fourteen years old.
- Discuss how you would take a sexual history from an adolescent. What are all the areas you would need to address?