While most often our family members receive excellent care, there are occasions when the reality is starkly different. On those occasions, when abuse or neglect rears its ugly head, the care provider should be held responsible.
In a 2 page paper, respond to the following:
- List the different types of physical elder abuse, and give an example of each.
- Give an example of psychological abuse of an elderly person.
- What is neglect? What is self-neglect? How can they be prevented?
- Briefly discuss self-abuse by the elderly.
- List examples of legislation that has been passed to curb elder abuse.
- What is meant by “undue influence”?
- List five indicators of psychological elder abuse.
- What is “caregiver abuse-neglect”? How can it be prevented?
- What is “abandonment”?
- What constitutes sexual abuse, and what are its signs and symptoms?