Elements of Adolescent Thought
- View the Student Activity Video (SVA) entitled â€œCharacteristics of Formal Thoughtâ€(SVA is approximately 10 minutes long.)
“Elements of Adolescent Thought” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, compare and contrast concrete operational thought and formal operational thought. Describe three to five differences between the two.
- Generate a hypothetical scenario wherein the teenage protagonist needs to use formal operational thought. Explain how he or she would reason within that scenario.
Emotions in Adolescence
- View the Student Video Activity (SVA) entitled â€œEmpathy in Adolescenceâ€ (SVA is approximately 20 minutes long.)
- From the second e-Activity, describe the three distinct components of emotional experience. Choose an emotion and give an example of each of the three components.
- Give your opinion on the ability of teenagers to show empathy as compared to the empathic ability of older individuals. Support your answer.