AcademicWritersDen.com boasts a team of highly skilled and experienced writers who specialize in various academic fields. The company carefully selects its writers through a rigorous screening process to ensure that they possess the necessary qualifications and expertise. Whether it’s an essay, research paper, or any other homework assignment, students can rely on AcademicWritersDen.com to connect them with professionals who have an in-depth understanding of the subject matter. This ensures that the work delivered is of high quality and meets the academic standards set by educational institutions.
In your second essay assignment you will investigate the relationships between different artistic movements by analyzing specific works of art. You will choose a painting (or sculpture) by an artist who influenced the continuing evolution of art. Describe the ways in which this work may have inspired the development of another movement. Please compare and contrast at least two specific works; for instance, by comparing CÃ©zanne’s Mont Sainte–Victoire and Georges Braque’s Viaduct at L’Estaque (pictured above) you will be able to see how CÃ©zanne influenced the development of Cubism and also how Cubism took CÃ©zanne’s ideas farther. Discuss the specific similarities and differences between the works of art that you choose to write about, but also speak more generally about the relationship between movements. Did the progression reflect the expression of different artistic goals? What other influences are apparent in the work?
Your essay should be at least three pages double-spaced (800 to 1000 words), cite sources according to MLA standards and include a Works Cited.
Your textbook mentions many of these relationships and comparisons but to refresh your memory, here are some examples you may want to choose from. You do not need to choose an idea from this list and are encouraged to ask me for clarifications or suggestions. If you would like to compare and contrast more than two works you can, but please limit your focus to two artists.
- Gauguin’s Synthetist paintings such as Yellow Christ influenced the development of Fauvism (Matisse, Derain, etc.)
- CÃ©zanne’s later paintings such as Mont Sainte–Victoire led to the development of Analytic Cubism (Georges Braques and Pablo Picasso)
- Analytic Cubist works like Pablo Picasso’s Girl With Mandolin inspired Italian Futurism (Boccioni’s Dynamism of a Cyclist, etc.) as well as British Vorticism
- Eduvard Munch’s The Scream, Van Gogh’s self portraits, and James Ensor’s Entry of Christ Into Brussels each influenced Expressionism (Emil Nolde, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Mueller, etc.)
- German Expressionist works like Ernst Ludwig Kirchner’s Potsdamer Platz influenced the development of New Objectivity (Max Beckmann, Georgs Grosz, etc.)
- The Suprematist paintings of Kazimir Malevich’s like Suprematism from 1915 led to De Stijl (Theo van Doesburg and Piet Mondrian) and influenced the Bauhaus
- The metaphysical paintings of Giorgio de Chirico such as Song of Love influenced many Surrealist artists (RenÃ© Magritte, Salvador DalÃ, Max Ernst, etc.)