The most important strategy for a health care organization is a commitment to a culture of safety. Research the topic of patient-staff ratio. You may use information from professional Web sites, but you also must include recent articles from peer-reviewed journals from the Capella library.
For this assessment, examine and analyze the ethical implications of inadequate staffing as you complete the following:
- Explain how a high patient to staff ratio affects patient care and the quality of that care.
- Describe the kinds of medical errors that might occur in a high patient to staff situation.
- Explain the ethical dilemma this situation poses for the following stakeholders:
- Individual staff members.
- The health care organization.
- The health care management professional.
- Explain how you would address the issue.
- Be sure to include a thorough discussion of any special training or education your plan might require.
- Describe strategies an organization might use to help plan for and avoid the situation.
Use the resources you located to support your analysis and strategies. Your paper must be 5â€“6 pages in length, excluding the title page and reference page.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Use at least three current peer-reviewed or professional resources.
- Follow APA format.
- Use 12 pt., Times New Roman font.