- Prepare a new hire policy and procedure that addresses the legal aspects of hiring employees. The policy should include the following legal aspects:
- Recruitment and selection
- New Hire Processing — required information and documents (personnel file)
- Employee classification based on FLSA
- File storage and retention
- Any other information you think is relevant and necessary
Write a 2-3 page policy and procedure in Word format, citing sources to support your analysis and suggestions. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, August 27, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Policy includes legal aspects for recruitment and selection.||
|Policy includes legal aspects for processing of new hires, including guidelines for required elements in personnel files.||
|Policy includes employee classification based on FLSA.||
|Policy includes guidelines for file storage and retention.||
|Includes additional information relevant and pertinent to new hire policy.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||