Imagine you are a European immigrant to America, trying to adapt to the new life you sought. You want to share your experiences with your family back home so they will better understand.
Choose a country of origin and religious tradition:
- Country of origin
- Religious tradition
- Other Protestant
- No religious tradition
Write a 700- to 1,050-word first-person description of your experiences as an immigrant to America in the late 19th or early 20th century. The description should take the form of a journal entry, autobiography, or diary.
Include descriptions of the following:
- The political, social, or economic factors that precipitated your migration
- The journey across the ocean, including sleeping accommodations and available food
- Ellis Island
- The city you settle in and why
- The racist attitudes of some Americans
- Tenement housing
- Factory conditions, hours worked, and pay
- The status your children eventually achieve
Format references consistent with APA guidelines using the instructions from day one and the template I attached.
Every single paragraph MUST have a citation!
Remember to format your citations for every paragraph and for your reference list.