This assignment investigates the way costs are measured in the United States. Many feel measuring costs is relatively complex, and finding methods to contain these costs is challenging. Robert Kaplan and Michael Porter, professors from the Harvard Business School, disagree.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Evaluate data on healthcare costs and their growth within the United States and compared to other countries.
- Textbook: Changing the U.S. Health Care System: Key Issues in Health Services Policy and Management
- Article: How to solve the cost crisis in healthcare
- Video: Solving the Healthcare Cost Crisis
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Review chapters 8-10, in Changing the U.S. Health Care System: Key Issues in Health Services Policy and Management.
- View the Solving the Healthcare Cost Crisis video.
- Read the article How to solve the cost crisis in health care.
- There are 2 ways to access this article:
- Review Discussion 3.1 – Devotion.
- Write a 1-2 page reflection paper discussing your learning from, and critical analysis of, the material. The critical analysis should include growth in healthcare costs in the United States as compared to other countries. Note: The page count does not include title and reference pages.
- In the paper, be sure to:
- Include an introduction and conclusion.
- Define, describe, and illustrate each key concept.
- Apply biblical principles where appropriate.
- Defend your position, citing research and/or evidence to support your arguments.
- Your paper should include at least two citations from the video, textbook, articles, or other credible sources. Your citations must be in proper APA format.
- Submit your draft using the Assignment prior to submitting your final paper.
- When you’ve completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment by the end of the workshop.