Cassandra’s Cookie Company needs an application to take orders for the cookies they sell. They sell 3 different kinds of cookies: oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, and sugar cookies. The application needs to store customer information as well as customer orders.
First, create a project plan that includes budget, schedule, and scope. Who are the actors in the system? You may use assumed or hypothetical data to construct the plan. Next, create a context diagram using Microsoft Word or Visio to show customers ordering cookies. Create an ERD (entity-relationship diagram) for the system in Microsoft Word or Visio. Finally, use MS Access to design a customer database. Include the following information in the Customer table:
- Customer ID (Use auto number as the primary key.)
- Customer Last Name, Customer First Name, and Customer Middle Initial
- Street Address 1
- Street Address 2
- City, State, and Zip
- E-mail Address
Also create an Orders table to keep track of the customer orders. Include the Customer ID and the type and quantity of cookie ordered.
To design the database:
- Design an MS Access input form for data input.
- Use the input form to enter the data of 10 imaginary customers into the database.
- Develop a report to print the data of the customers.
- Develop a query to sort the customers by their last name.
Submit the project plan, context diagram, and Access database in a zipped folder.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Created a project plan for Cassandra’s Cookie Company with all required components.||
|Created a context diagram in Microsoft Word or Visio.||
|Created an ERD.||
|Created a database with all tables, keys, fields, relationships, report, and input form.||
|Writing and Presentation Components:
Usage and Mechanics (15)
APA Elements (15)