AcademicWritersDen.com boasts a team of highly skilled and experienced writers who specialize in various academic fields. The company carefully selects its writers through a rigorous screening process to ensure that they possess the necessary qualifications and expertise. Whether it’s an essay, research paper, or any other homework assignment, students can rely on AcademicWritersDen.com to connect them with professionals who have an in-depth understanding of the subject matter. This ensures that the work delivered is of high quality and meets the academic standards set by educational institutions.
Writing Assignment 3: Internal Project Proposal for an Engineering Product or Service
Assignment Overview. Write an internal proposal describing an engineering-related idea on which you are interested in working.
You are employed as a design engineer for a company. One day, you get an idea that you think would significantly improve one of your companyâ€™s products. You discuss this idea with your supervisor, who asks you to write an internal proposal describing your idea so that he/she can get approval from management for you to spend time developing and building a prototype, and testing it.
Write an internal project proposal in memo format whose purpose is to convince management to let you develop your idea. Your idea should be something youâ€™re interested in working on, and one that hasnâ€™t been done before. Come up with a new idea! Be creative! Do not base your proposal on a capstone project (yours or anyone elseâ€™s). However, your proposal may be based on an existing product; for example, you have thought of a way to significantly improve a product or service.
Memo format (for an internal proposal)
Include the following sections in your proposal.
- Plan of Work
- Qualifications and Experience
- Task Schedule
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to do the following:
- write a short technical report based on a realistic scenario as a design engineer;
- write an effective internal proposal using the memo format;
- apply the concepts of audience and purpose in a short technical report;
- apply the concepts of clear, concise, audience-appropriate, and â€œnoise-freeâ€ writing;
- be creative in your approach to the assignment.
Creativity is Encouraged
You will be graded on how convincing and persuasive your proposal is, and on the quality of your idea, but not on your ideaâ€™s feasibility. In other words, the science behind your idea does not have to hold up under scrutiny. Your idea does not have to be grounded in reality, either; it could fall into the realm of science fiction. Creativity is encouraged.
Refer to the textbook and lectures for guidance
For guidance on writing proposals using the memo format, review the relevant chapters in Technical Communication, 11th edition, by Mike Markel, including the following:
- Chapter 16: Writing Proposals
- Chapter 14: Writing Correspondence
- Chapter 12: Creating Graphics
- Chapter 11: Designing Documents and Websites
Your project proposal cannot be based on a capstone projectâ€”yours or anyone elseâ€™s.
Assignment & Formatting Instructions
- Word document;
- Single spaced;
- Correct assignment heading;
- Include the name of your company (fictionalized or otherwise);
- Length: four (4) pages, including graphics (but not including references);
- One-inch margins all around;
- 12-point Times New Roman font for body text;
- 12-point Helvetica or Arial font for headings;
- Headings (left-aligned, bold typeface);
- Do not indent first lines of paragraphs. Do add a line of white space between paragraphs;
- Left-justified (Do not â€œjustifyâ€ text.);
- Page numbers at bottom right corner, starting on page two;
- Create two or more supporting graphics.
- Label graphics correctly and make them big enough to read.