I would appreciate help with my Interpersonal Communications assignment.
- From the interaction does it seem to you that Alan is actively listening? Why or why not?
- Describe how Alan’s opening thoughts on his job, narrated in the video, affect his approach to the performance reviews. Does Alan’s view of his job foster a negative or positive work atmosphere with his employees? Explain.
- How might issues of diversity and multiculturalism impact Alan’s listening skills? How might this impact his organization?
- Using the effective listening guidelines in the text, make three suggestions that would allow Alan to fulfill his responsibility to provide employees with critical feedback about performance and to establish a supportive climate.
- What suggestions would you give Alan about how to start interviews in ways that establish a supportive environment for interaction?
Preparing your Project
- For this project, you are answering the questions, not writing a traditional paper. You can copy the questions listed above into a Word document and then add your answers.
- Your answers should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs, and the entire project should be a total of 500 to 600 words, or about 2 pages.
- Use 1-inch margins on all sides of the document.
- Use a 12-point font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
- If you cite references (such as the text), you need to provide the source information.
- Your project should demonstrate careful proofreading.