The U.S. correctional system can serve two specific functions in relation to criminal offenders. First, it can serve as a tool for punishing the offender and making the offender pay for his or her crimes. Second, it can serve as a means to rehabilitating the offender and preparing him or her for successful reentry into society.
Write a 900–1,050-word essay answering the following questions:
- How does the correctional system punish offenders?
- How does the correctional system rehabilitate offenders?
- Which method is more effective in reducing crime?
- Punishment or rehabilitation?
Your paper must follow this format:
- Page 1 – Cover page
- Pages 2, 3, and 4 – Body of text
- Page 5 – Reference page
Explain your choice.
Include a title and reference page.
List at least three sources on your reference page.
**Note: BE ORIGINAL NO PLAGERISM: I WILL WITHDRAW FOR COPIED WORK Wikipedia (and any of its related websites) is not an acceptable academic resource and may not be used for this paper.