Assignment 1: Starbucks’ Strategy
Due Week 3 and worth 280 points
Using the Internet and Strayer University databases, research Starbucks’ organizational culture and the key leadership and management traits used to execute the business strategy.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Suggest the key elements of Starbucks’ organizational culture that contributes to its success in a global economy. Indicate management’s role with creating and sustaining the organizational culture.
- Assess the effectiveness of Starbucks’ management decisions in providing innovative offerings for its customers (e.g., WiFi, style of coffee, etc.) in order to achieve its current competitive marketplace advantage. Provide support for your rationale.
- Determine one (1) key management competency that a successful manager at Starbucks is likely to have. Indicate one (1) way in which this particular competency is a good fit for the organizational culture.
- Evaluate Starbucks’ ability to achieve long-term sustainability as a global leader in the coffee industry without the organization’s CEO, Howard Shultz.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.