Read the Focus on Ethics: Ethics of Motivation Strategies in Chapter 9 of Industrial/Organizational Psychology. In a well-written paper, answer the following questions:
- Although there were some legal ramifications for what Hooter’s did, do you think what they did to the waitress was also unethical?
- Do you think that the waitresses were lied to? If so, do you think lying to employees is unethical?
- What do you think about the motivating strategy of allowing employees to rip off the shirts of other employees? Is humiliating employees ethical?
- Is it ethical to promise money or other compensation to students for studying hard? What if the losing students actually studied harder than the winner, but the winner only did well because he/she just happened to be brighter? Would giving that student the money be fair to the students who studied hard?
- Does the fact that these motivation techniques had the desired result by increasing sales or decreasing the use of paper outweigh any negative consequences of such motivators?
Adhere to the following standards:
- Your paper should be two to four pages in length, not including the title or references pages.
- Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed on the Materials link for each week.
- Be sure to follow the APA Requirements.
- Your paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Support your interpretation with evidence from the book and at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the library.