BOOK MUST BE USED ONLY!!! i WILL GIVE THE LINK TO THE BOOK WHEN YOU ARE ACCEPTED. Here is the template if you would like to use it INCLUDED. Each question must be throughly answered!! which could mean several paragraphs to a few sentences.
. All answers MUST be in your own words unless the question asks for a direct definition or to list specific information. I want you to show you understand the concept. I do not want to know how good your copy/paste skills are, so DO NOT copy and paste from the textbook or PowerPoint. I do realize your answers will include the same or similar words to the textbook or PowerPoint. Just make sure you have taken the information and explained it on your own when possible.
Each question is worth 5 points. Some questions will be more difficult, or include more parts but others will be much simpler, so everything should balance out.
1. Define the following terms and give an example of each. (You may use the direct definitions from the textbook. If you do not understand a definition, use outside resources to help you gain further understanding of the concept or idea.)
• Systematic error
• Random error
2. What are the four scales of measurement? Explain why you would use each in a survey or research study. Provide an example.
3. What are the major ways that have been used to measure attitudes? How do they differ? (Hint: think about the scales explained in the chapter.)
1. What are the seven (7) rules researchers should keep in mind when developing bias-free questions?
2. Building on question 1, answer the following with an explanation or example: What is an ambiguous question? A leading question? A question with unstated alternatives? A question with assumed consequences? A double-barreled question?
3. Explain what the funnel approach to question sequencing is.
4. Explain what a branching question is and discuss when it is used.
1. What is a census? What is a sample?
2. What is the difference between a parameter and a statistic?
3. What distinguishes a probability sample from a nonprobability sample? What are the main types of each?
4. What effect would relaxing the precision with which a population mean or proportion is estimated have on sample size? What about decreasing the degree of confidence from 95% to 90%?
1. What are the six general types of error that can enter a research project? Provide a brief explanation of each.
2. What is a response rate?
3. List three (3) techniques for improving response rates specific to recruiting messages on email and the online survey.
BONUS: The website www.YouGov.com is a global public opinion and data company who makes information available on their website. Choose a topic you are interested like sports or current events. Search for some recent data. Share your findings and why they interest you. Worth up to 5 points.
BONUS: Take a look at the MSUB Library Guide on Demographics & Statistics. Click through all of the tabs to view all the website links. How might you use one of these websites in your report? Choose one and provide an example of how it would be integrated into your research report. Worth up to 5 points.