Activity #1: After reading the Wise Decision Maker, Chapter 11 of Smart Choices, what 3 insights would you offer to a person who was just promoted to a decision-making role in a firm?
Chapter 11: The Wise Decision Maker
Activity #2: Explain how you will use 3 course tools in future workplace decisions based on our course materials and Learning Activities (LAs).
Over the past eight weeks, we have learned powerful tools to become a wise decision maker. The PrOACT model has provided a systematic approach to:
The PrOACT model has provided us a systematic approach to:
- Address the right decision problem (Pr).
- Clarify the objectives (O) – considering needs of key stakeholders .
- Develop a range of creative alternatives (A) – both creative and routine
- Understand the consequences of each alternative.(C)
- Make appropriate trade-offs among conflicting objectives (T) as we:
- Create unweighted / weighted decision matrices or use even swap as decision aids
- Deal sensibly with uncertainty.
- Take account of your risk-taking attitude /preferences
- Plan ahead for future linked decisions