Assignment 2: Dropbox Assignment
Present and Future Values
Money has different values based on time. Money in your pocket has a current value, but money owed to you has a varying value based on how sure it is that you will receive it and when. It is possible to estimate its value. In this assignment, you will analyze the value of money on the basis of this week’s learning.
- Find the following values for a lump sum assuming annual compounding:
- The future value of $500 invested at 8 percent for 1 year
- The future value of $500 invested at 8 percent for 5 years
- The present value of $500 to be received in 1 year when the opportunity cost rate is 8 percent
- The present value of $500 to be received in 5 years when the opportunity cost rate is 8 percent
- Discuss present and future values and their implications for the balance sheet and the budget of an organization.
- Present your analysis as a 2-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.
- Name your document SU_MHC6305_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- By Tuesday, June 16, 2015, submit your assignment to the W4 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Calculated the future value for 1 year.||
|Calculated the future value for 5 years.||
|Calculated the present value for 1 year.||
|Calculated the present value for 5 years.||
|Discussed the implications of present and future values for the budget and the balance sheet.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||