Case Study – Ted’s Turmoil- Print off the attached case study and respond as per instructions below The purpose of this exercise is for you to apply what you have reviewed so far to an actual case study. In reviewing the attached case study you are to adopt the role of a Sport Psychologist / Consultant and provide advice to me the assistant coach. Please seriously consider the feedback provided to you in the previous case study and consider what you have learned in the application of a PTSP.
To guide the discussion the following question guide is offered. Students may continue use this guide to provide advice to me but points will be deducted if you do NOT follow the PTSP approach as covered in chapter 12. The questions are as follows:
- Describe the main issues in this case. How would you prioritize the issues?
- What are some of the possible reasons for ted’s loss of confidence and the less agressive play that results?
- As the Sport Psychology Consultant, generate some courses of action that might assist Ted.
- How feasible is each course of action?
- What are the ramifications for each course of action?
- As a sport psychology consultant, would you involve Ted’s Coach in your discussions with ted? Why or why not?
- How would you help Ted deal with the season’s outcome (starter or nonstarter)?
- Are there deeper issues related to ted’s injury? Would you handle this case on your own, or would you consider additional assistance? if so, what type of hep, and whom would you contact?
You are to present your advice to me in any form you choose (e.g.,PowerPoint presentation, word document etc) that will be uploaded under the assignment section (below).