You use the required SON template.
SON Writing Template with Instructions 8_7_18.doc
2. You add the page numbers to the top right hand corner of your paper in the header. You are not required at this point to have a running header, but you can add one if you want to. If you do not know how to do this, please review the following YouTube video:
3. You need a correctly formatted APA title page
4. You need to use section headings that align with your Blackboard grading rubric. Your first section heading will be the same as the title on your title page and is not bolded. All other section headings will need to be bolded.
5. Your reference page should be a separate page.
6. You are required to use two references (at a minimum) for this paper. You do need to cite your work using in-text citations correctly. If you want to add points to your work and exceed the expectations to receive a higher grade, you will use more than two references. You may only use one internet source and it must be cited correctly. Please do not put the URL in parentheses.
7. Please keep your use of direct quotes at a minimum. In a good academic paper, only 10% of the in-text citations will come from direct quotes. So…for a paper this length, you may use one, but preferably none. Paraphrasing is the gold standard in academic work. You need to paraphrase the quote and then cite it. If you do choose to use a direct quote, remember that you then need to add a page number to the in-text citation. If you cite statistics, you also should include the page number.
Examples: In-text Citation without a direct quote : (Smith, 2016) In-text citation from a direct quote or using a statistic: (Smith, 2016, p. 201)
If you need more help look at this site: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/02/ or there are tons of resources on writing in APA in the Walden Writing Center. You may access it by using the Academic Writing Icon on the left side of your paper.
8. Please keep your paper at the correct length. If you assignment says 2-3 pages, that is how long your paper should be. of course, that does not include your title page or your Reference page. If you give me 6 pages, I will just assume you could not figure out what was important, so you gave me everything in the world. Not good!
9. Your paper absolutely (100%) has to go through Safe Assign. I cannot accept a paper emailed to me. I suggest you submit your paper as early as possible. Sunday nights can require long waits for getting your paper back because there are so many students submitting them all at once. I do check your Safe Assign scores and your papers. Please make sure that all the work you do is your own.
10. I love Grammarly, but I will not accept any papers with Grammarly comments still there in Track Changes. You must give me a clean copy of the paper. I love Grammarly as much as anyone, but if your paper has all those comments, I cannot add mine.
Quality Indicator of choice is the PREVENTION QUALITY INDICATOR
All sources must be within last 5 years and professional and scholarly literature
Use the Walden Writing Center guidelines titled “Writing a Paper” and “Scholarly Writing: Overview” to do the following:
Draft a 2- to 3-page paper describing your selected QI in general (Quality Indicator of choice is the PREVENTION QUALITY INDICATOR) and then describe how this QI has the potential to improve the quality, safety, and outcomes of your patients and their families.
Describe the current data available and leadership’s goal for improvement.
Draft a solution using 2 sources from professional and scholarly literature to support your proposal.
Use the 2000/3000 AWE Level Assignment Template in the resources for this week to complete your Assignment.
Use in-text citations to support your paper. Use essay-level writing skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames.
PLEASE FOLLOW GUIDELINES.