Before beginning the assessment, complete the following:
- Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information in order to complete the assessment. You may use the same organization for the other assessments in this course.
- If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.
- Research the retention, separation, and discipline processes of your selected organization.
Based on your research into the retention, separation, and discipline processes of the organization you selected, complete the following:
- Describe the strategies used by the organization to retain high-performing employees.
- Explain the organization’s policies for handling voluntary and forced separation.
- Identify the kinds of outplacement counseling and employee assistance programs offered.
- Identify any gaps in the organization’s separation policies.
- Explain how eliminating these gaps would protect the organization from specific types of litigation.
- Describe the organization’s formal discipline policies. Be sure to include information on who is involved with implementing and enforcing the policies.
- Describe any alternative dispute resolution processes.
Please note: You must address all the required elements of this assessment. If details for any of the bulleted points are unavailable, research the topic and present recommendations you believe would be best for the organization, along with your supporting rationale.
- Your submitted assessment should include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page.
- Be sure you support your analyses with references to at least two resources.
- You should format this assessment as a research paper following APA 6th edition guidelines for both style and citing sources, making sure that you also use correct grammar and mechanics.
- There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each bullet point, while also being as clear and concise as possible.