1. “She Snoops to Conquer” Please respond to the following:
- Read Case 9.3: She Snoops to Conquer, located here or on page 346 in your textbook then respond to the following questions. Do employees have a right not to be spied on? If you were the owner of the store, how would you view Jean’s actions? How should the information that the security team gathered be handled?
2. “Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital” Please respond to the following:
- Watch the video titled “Full interview: Matt Lauer and Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre” (17 min 25 s), located here. Next, respond to the following questions. Texas Presbyterian nurse Briana Aguirre who treated Ebola stricken colleagues announced publicly that her protective outfit had rips, as well as gaps in it – exposing body parts to the potentially deadly Ebola virus. She claimed that hospital administration ignored her concerns when she brought it to their attention, and she was given no Ebola training. Briana Aguirre has received praise from colleagues and the media for going public with this information, as well as harsh criticism for being a “whistleblower” from other colleagues and the media. In your opinion, did Briana Aguirre act ethically or unethically in going public with this information? Should she be fired from the Texas Presbyterian hospital? Support or challenge Briana Aguirre’s decision to go public with this information.
3. “Overhead Expenses” Please respond to the following:
- From the-Activity, compare and contrast the manner in which VectorCal and other businesses that you researched analyze overhead costs.Select two to three (2-3) methods that the businesses in question used for allocating costs for the analysis of their overhead expenses. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze key ways in which you would make the most use of the cost analysis in supporting VectorCal’s contract with the federal government. Speculate on what you believe would happen if the cost analysis related to the VectorCal’s current federal government contract changed. Justify your response.
- Use the Internet to research articles on overhead costs for companies like VectorCal. Focus on the processes that are involved in calculating these overhead costs. Be prepared to discuss.
4. “G & A Expense” Please respond to the following:
- Specify several advantages of operating a small business when it comes to General and Administrative (G&A) expenses. Determine the single most important advantage that you believe would benefit the small-business owner the most. Explain your answer.
- Compare and contrast the G&A expense from a large company and a smaller company. Determine which characteristics you believe are the most important for both large and small companies. Justify your response for each.
5. “Facility Costs” Please respond to the following:
- Suppose you have been working with the federal government for a period of time, and you decide to form a small company. Explain the difference between depreciation and the facilities capital cost of money. Specify the key advantages of having facilities capital cost of money as an allowable cost. Justify your response.
- Compare and contrast the facility costs of VectorCal and the US Government. Determine at least two advantages for using facility costs for both VectorCal and the US Government. Explain your rationale.
6. “Procedures of FCCOM” Please respond to the following:
- Describe two to three (2-3) circumstances in which facilities capital costs of money is an allowable cost. Determine the single most significant advantage of having facilities capital costs as an allowable cost under the circumstances you described. Support your response.
- Determine two to three (2-3) possible factors that could make facilities capital costs of money unallowable based on the information presented in Chapter 9. Present two to three (2-3) examples of instances where companies have made facility capital costs of money available.