1. Assignment: College Advice
Read The Advice I’d Give My College Freshman Self. (https://www.pbs.org/newshour/education/the-advice-…) What pieces of advice from this article resonate with you and why? How do these tips compare to the advice you have received from family members and older friends?
Write a response of at least 200 words.
2. Summative Assignment: High School Reflections and Lessons Learned
Think back on your high school career and consider what your experience was like. Focus on the following things:
- Identify areas where you felt you were successful.
- Identify areas where you felt you experienced challenges.
- Describe lessons learned that you can use in college and in your career.
Write a letter to a student who is about to become a high school freshman. Offer your advice for being successful and getting the most enjoyment out of high school.
Your letter should be at least 400 words.
3. Assignment: Visit Guidelines
Please answer these questions with responses of at least 100 words.
Question 1: Describe the guidelines of participating in an official visit to a college campus as an NCAA-eligible athlete. Include the differences for official visits between Division I, II, and III schools.
Question 2: List 15 questions you intend to ask during an official visit. Will your questions be different for different schools? Why or why not?