Using the resources provided in this module, Oxen Technology. (2018, June 11). Basic cybersecurity tips for the workplace. Compose a brief assignment (500 to 800 words, approximately 2 to 3 pages) about cyber security in the workplace. Below are a few prompts to help you focus your assignment. (Do not try to discuss all of these topics. Choose one or two that interest you.)
- Why do companies conduct cybersecurity risk assessments? What do they find out from these assessments?
- Why should companies increase cybersecurity awareness among their employees? How can they do this?
- What are the benefits of regularly updating applications (apps), of password control, and of VPNs?
- What are the benefits to a company and to individual employees of creating a culture of cybersecurity, where employees continue to use best practices outside of the office?
- What cybersecurity risks occur when employees bring their own devices to work? How can companies mitigate these risks?
- What are some resources to help people remain aware of cybersecurity threats and best practices?
Your assignment should:
- Cover the topic completely and accurately. Use what you have learned about critical thinking to provide reasons or evidence for your statements.
- Credit any sources you used to complete your assignment. You will not be graded in this assignment on the details of citation style, but it is important that you indicate to the best of your ability when you have used information from an outside source.
- Check to make sure your paper is well organized and clearly written, with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Your assignment will automatically be submitted through SafeAssign. [MO 2.1, MO 2.2, MO 2.3]