AcademicWritersDen.com boasts a team of highly skilled and experienced writers who specialize in various academic fields. The company carefully selects its writers through a rigorous screening process to ensure that they possess the necessary qualifications and expertise. Whether it’s an essay, research paper, or any other homework assignment, students can rely on AcademicWritersDen.com to connect them with professionals who have an in-depth understanding of the subject matter. This ensures that the work delivered is of high quality and meets the academic standards set by educational institutions.
1. Exercise 50 … (For Credit)
Translate the following sentences under Predicate Logic framework.
1. All scrapers are tall.
2. Some jobs do not pay well.
3. No politicians are honest.
4. Some exercises are difficult.
5. While Joseph Stiglitz is an economist,
John Rawls is a philosopher.
2. Exercise 51 … (For-Credit )
Come up with a series of the 3 items for each of the following
(a) Predicate Logic symbolization of the original sentence
(b) result of applying QN to (a), i.e., with different
(c) restatement of (b) back into a plain English sentence
which should be different from the original English
sentence in its utterance, but still the same in its
1. Anything that leads to violence is wrong.
2. Not every smile is genuine.
3. All terrorists are neither rational nor empathetic.
(NB: two predicates as one unit are ascribed to the
3. Compare the two different sentences in question 4 below
while doing the same tasks respectively as above:
4. (1) All humans are spiritual.
(2) Only humans are spiritual.
(NB: “only” makes the predicate a consequent of the
3. on alternative symbols for quantifiers
You will get to use two kinds of what has been known as
“quantifier,” (1) Universal and (2) Existential, both of which
require unusual symbols that are difficult to write. As we
have adopted alternative notations which are easily put in
pure text format (ASCII characters) for the connectives, we
shall do the same thing for the two quantifiers in Predicate
1. Universal Quantifier
(x) … the same from the textbook
but also you could use this:
(Ax) .. for it as well to make it
distinct from the other
2. Existential Quantifier