As a result of taking this class, discuss how your thinking and approach to solving problems has changed and the impact this change will have on your long-term success.
Make sure you respond in a substantive manner to two peers’ posts.
The class is systems management 347
This is the last week. It is time to reflect on what you have learned. Take some time to review all that you’ve explored. Reflect on those ideas, concepts, perspectives that have had an impact on the way you think and act.
- Synthesize literature on systems management and learning organizations in order to make recommendations on improving the performance of the organization
- Analyze key concepts associated with systems thinking
- Demonstrate synthesis of key concepts associated with learning organizations
- Read, view, and interact with Unit Readings & Resources
- Actively participate in Unit Discussion(s)
- Complete the Course Survey (your feedback in critical and anonymous)
Readings and Resources
- Senge, P.M. (1999). Leadership in Living Organizations. In F. Hesselbein, M. Goldsmith, & I. Somerville (Eds.), Leading beyond the walls (pp. 1-11). New York, NY: Jossey-Bass, Inc.
- For the past three decades, Anthony Robbins has served as an advisor to leaders around the world. A recognized authority on the psychology of leadership, negotiations, organizational turnaround, and peak performance, he has been honored consistently for his strategic intellect and humanitarian endeavors. Stay motivated and on top requires a constant renewal of your spirit and reflection on where you’ve been and where you want to go. This link will provide you access to a free download of his best-selling book, “Re-Awaken the Giant Within”.
- This is the website for leadership guru, Kevin Cashman. Kevin offers many free resources in the form of video, articles, and other important leadership websites. Be sure to explore Kevin’s “Thought Leadership” and “Books and Resources” tab on his website. Kevin Cashman coined the phrase, “Grow the Whole Person to Grow the Whole Leader”.
- Jim Collins is a student and teacher of leadership and what makes great companies tick. This site offers free access to videos, audios, articles, & tools to aid in understanding and applying the ideas from Jim’s books (Built to Last, From Good to Great and Great by Choice)and research to both business and life.
| Watch Video The Pause Principle Duration: (8:22)
User: sJ8bEQ-O4dFCjePSeOr68Q – Added: 8/15/14 YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVwj-mKDp5c
| Watch Video Drive and Connection Duration: (2:08)
User: sJ8bEQ-O4dFCjePSeOr68Q – Added: 11/14/13 YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lI2JiNkIHc
|Kevin Cashman discusses “pausing and reflecting” as a preceding requirement for transformation in your life and leadership.||Kevin Cashman speaks about the importance of balancing Drive and Connection in leadership.|
| Watch Video Pathways from Management Effectiveness to Leadership Excellence Duration: (13:42)
User: sJ8bEQ-O4dFCjePSeOr68Q – Added: 8/15/14 YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FacOlJybWbI
|Kevin Cashman speaks about 7 Pathways from Management Effectiveness to Leadership Excellence.|
Supplemental Resources:This resource may be useful to you in preparing your Final Project PowerPoint Presentation. There are specific directions on how to add audio to your presentation.
- Educational Technology and Mobile Learning. (2014, May 30). This is how to add audio narration to your PowerPoint presentations.