the stages of an individual s life that impact nutritional requirements discussion help
Part 1: Primary Task
Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Many changes occur during the stages of an individualâ€™s life that impact nutritional requirements. Growth years require more of all nutrients to optimize healthy development of young bodies and minds. Adult years are considered maintenance and set the stage for the quality of life during our elder years. Changes in physiology and activity level as we age create a different set of nutritional needs.
A small glass of red wine contains phytochemicals (flavanols) that can contribute to heart health.
- Discuss whether a pregnant woman can safely imbibe in an occasional small glass of red wine.
- Explain threats of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and disruptions that may occur.
- Identify alcohol concentration in breast milk and any implications that may occur.
- Be sure to fully discuss the implications of alcohol use during pregnancy and support your comments with scientific evidence.
- Use at least 2 academic and/or professional sources to support your response. All references should be documented in APA format.