The quiz has 20 short essay (minimum of one full paragraph) questions worth 5 points each.
- Refer to the Unit Lectures, readings & resources and credible sources from the Library or internet to support your responses
- Cite any information that you reword, restate or quote in accord with APA guidelines
- It is highly advisable to first answer the questions in the Word document attached and then copy and paste onto the exam
- Grading rubric can be found in Course Information
Important: The purpose of tests is to measure the student’s understanding of the lessons learned via class lectures, supporting documentations within the Units and your own research. Cutting and pasting from a resource is not allowed. You need to research a topic for full understanding and then present the information in your own words. All information that is reworded or restated still needs to be cited in accord with APA guidelines.
Cutting and pasting from a source is plagiarism and will result in a zero for the question.
Academic responses from a source are to be paraphrased with proper citations.
- List five of the major responsibilities of human resource management.
- What is the difference between turnover and absenteeism?
- Define what SWOT analysis is. What does the acronym “SWOT” stand for?
- What is the full definition of Strategic HRM?
- Define the OUCH test and its four components. What does the OUCH acronym stand for?
- Identify five of the major external environmental influences that affect HRM.
- Define BFOQ and what it is used for? What does the BFOQ acronym stand for?
- Social media plays a big part in searching for a job. What are four of the most popular social media sites that you can use?
- Define disparate impact in detail.
- What does Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibit? Be specific.
- What does the Equal Pay act of 1963 require? Again be specific.
- Provide a concise summary of Affirmative Action Executive Order. What is its intent? Affirmative Action is an Executive Order. What entities are affected by AA? Be specific.
- What are the three significant responsibilities of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission?
- What is the difference between job sharing and work sharing?
- Name five of the seven major options for decreasing employees when faced with a labor surplus and briefly explain each one. Remember this question regards the ways that an employer decreases its number of employees.
- Sexual harassment is defined by the EEOC as?
- What is the full definition of a realistic job preview? Please provide an example (preferably from personal experience).
- What is the HRIS/Human Resource Information System and what are some of the services it provides?
- Before you write a Job Description your first must perform this important process. What is this process and what does it entail?
- What do the Uniform Guidelines do in relation to employment testing?