|Discussion 2 – Discussion- Due by Saturday, 11:59 p.m. (MT) end of Week 2|
- When you are the first to contribute to the discussion, you will see only the + Respond link
- If others have posted, you will see their comments, along with the + Respond link
- If there is more than one topic for discussion, the first topic is displayed.
- To select a different topic, click on the corresponding link in the Topics list.
- The + Respond link – as well as any responses – will be displayed at the bottom of the page
- If you do not see the + Respond link, or any responses, you may need to scroll down the page
Discussion Forum Directions:
WHAT:You will be writing three or more Discussion posts per week. Your main post must be two to three substantive paragraphs (250+ words) and include at least two references/citations. Please follow up with two subsequent replies to colleagues. Each reply should consist of a relevant paragraph containing 50 words or more.
WHY:Discussion questions are designed for you to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the weekly material. This forum provides an opportunity to develop ideas and concepts with your instructor and peers. The Discussion format assists with development of communication skills and critical thinking necessary for success in the modern workplace.
HOW:Your postings should be substantive, demonstrate independent thought relevant to the topic, and encourage continued discussion. Please avoid simply repeating previous posts and agreeing. Provide supporting evidence of your ideas and opinions through the use of personal or work examples, relevant articles or websites, or concepts covered in the week’s readings.
WHEN:Your first post must be made by 11:59 p.m. (MT) Wednesday, and you must post the remaining two before 11:59 (MT) Saturday. You are expected to participate in the ongoing discussion on at least two different days during the week.
Research a major corporation and identify its SBUs. Do you feel that any of the SBUs that you have identified have negative implications for the corporation? If so, why? What would you do to correct this?