Violations and Penalties
OSHA publishes the results of inspections, including the type of violation and proposed penalties. Visit the Occupational Safety and Health Administration website, and type citations and penalties in the Search field. Click on Citations and Notification of Penalty. A list of inspections will appear.
Select a company of interest to you. Review the types of citations and proposed penalties that were issued to the company you selected.
Write an essay that addresses the following items listed below:
- an overview of penalties that were issued based on severity,
- the steps the employer should take once it receives the citations and proposed penalties,
- the documentation required to respond to citations and penalties,
- an employeeâ€™s rights and responsibilities following an OSHA inspection, and
- an employerâ€™s abilities to reduce the level of citations and/or penalties.
Your essay must be a minimum of three pages in length. Be sure to include an introduction and at least one scholarly reference.
Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed.