Choose a criminal offender who committed crimes due to a biological reason.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing the genetic or physiological evidence that supports the notion that biology played a key role in explaining the offender’s criminality.
Research the behaviors that constitute psychopathy. Discuss in detail the specific behaviors demonstrated by the offender that align with behaviors indicative of a psychopathic individual. Case examples may include the following:
- Andrea Yates and the documented evidence of psychiatric issues, including post-partum depression, prior to the murders of her five children.
- Jeffrey Dahmer and the documented evidence of psychiatric issues leading to the murders of 17 men.
- John Wayne Gacy and the documented evidence of psychiatric issues leading to the murders of 33 young men and boys.
- Identify if the positivist perspective applies to your chosen example. Explain your answer.
- Identify if the punishment rendered toward your chosen example best supports the classical or neoclassical perspective of crime. Explain your answer.
Include at least two academic references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.