dear writer here are the instructions for this assignment:
The Supreme Court looks at three questions to determine if there has been a violation of the Equal Protection clause. It then developed three different tests for determining if state laws violate the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, rational basis, strict scrutiny and intermediate scrutiny. Review the situations described below and then identify which test to apply to determine whether there has been a violation of the Equal Protection Clause. Consider the presence of a suspect class, fundamental right or purposeful discrimination in determining which test to use.
- After analyzing statistics on marijuana use and behavior, a state allows females to use marijuana but not males.
- The National Honor Society at a public university tells a student that she was not selected because she is too old.
- A state university sponsors a religious club but refused to sponsor an atheist club.
- A state law does not allow discrimination lawsuits when the reason for refusal of service is religious beliefs (a caterer refuses to cater a gay wedding).
- An immigrant family cannot apply for welfare benefits until they have lived in a state for two years.
Paper Submission Requirements:
- Your paper should be APA formatted and the body of your paper should be approximately two pages in length. An APA format has been provided for your convenience.
- For further guidance on your paper, please refer to the “Written Assignment and Research Paper Rubric.”
- Assignment should be uploaded in this section before midnight on Sunday.
Resources for Assessment:
- Textbook Readings: Constitutional Law Principles & Practice, chapter 8
- Exploring Constitutional Conflicts
i upload the written assignment and research paper rubric please make shore you read it and applique and also you can google the text book name :
The book name is Constitutional Law Principles & Practice