Read Chapters 13 & 14
Please use the following author’s names, book/article titles, web sites, and/or keywords to search for supplementary information to augment your learning in this subject.
- Reynolds, George. Ethics in Information Technology, Cengage Learning, 2014.
- Meiners, Roger E., Ringleb, AI H., and Edwards, Frances L. The Legal Environment of Business, Cengage Learning, 2014.
- Why is it necessary to define policy elements?
- Discuss the terms confidentiality, integrity and availability as they relate to information systems. Why should this be included in information systems policies?
- What is the importance of aligning security policies, controls and procedures with regulations?
- Do you believe that training is a necessity in the implementation of new policies? Please give reasons to support your answer.
For this assignment, you must reply to this post and address the questions below, prior to 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, June 21st . Continue to follow your classmates’ posts for the remainder of the week and post follow-up messages to at least two of your classmates’ posts prior to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 23rd. Your follow-up posts can add additional insight to a classmate’s opinions or can challenge their opinions. Use examples from the readings, or from your own research, to support your views, as appropriate. For your follow-up posts this week, you may wish to visit a couple of the web sites contributed by your classmates and share your opinion of these sites with the class. Be sure to read the follow-up posts to your own posts and reply to any questions or requests for clarification. You are encouraged to conduct research and use other sources to support your answers. Be sure to list your references at the end of your post. References must be in APA citation format. All posts must be a minimum of 250-300 words. All follow-up posts to your classmates must be a minimum of 150 words for each required post. Peer responses posted after 11:59 pm on Sunday evenings will not be accepted or calculated into the weekly forum grade. Word documents will not be accepted. You must type directly into the text editor.
Please use the below link to assist with APA writing guidelines. APA will be used for all written assignments.