What are the lessons that we can learn from the Black Saturday Disaster in terms of…
What are the lessons that we can learn from the Black Saturday Disaster in terms of
managing knowledge for emergency management?
• What are the key things that you would put in place to enable emergency management,
recovery response or relief coordination to prevent or respond to destructive incidents such
as the disaster of Black Saturday?
• What is the scope of your review? (e.g. prevention, emergency response, recovery and or
• What is the core knowledge within the scope of your review?
• Is there a focus of your review? (e.g. individual community, municipal council(s), a
business(s), a local agency(ies), state relief?
• What are the KM challenges?
• How is knowledge being managed?
o What processes are important?
o Is there a strategy which focuses on knowledge?
o What knowledge management mechanisms in place? (e.g. human – people,
systemic, technology, content or process mechanisms) Refer to a suitable KM