Case Study 2: Wireless and Mobile Technologies
Due Week 8 and worth 120 points
In this very competitive climate, many companies are seeking ways to connect with customers in ways that add value. Mobile and wireless computing have become key focal points to attract and retain customers. In this Case Study 2 you will review the video and write a paper on your selected companyâ€™s technology using design thinking and agile techniques. The methodology commonly referred to as design thinking is a proven and repeatable problem-solving protocol that any business or profession can employ to achieve extraordinary results.
Review this video titled â€œHow It Works: Design Thinkingâ€, IBM Think Academy, located in the â€œInstructorâ€™s Insightsâ€.
Use Internet or Strayer Library to search articles on wireless and mobile technologies as well as the application in business using design thinking with an agile concept on your selected company.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Define wireless technologies and mobile technologies. Next, determine at least three (3) ways which your company or organization utilize such technologies to improve business efficiency.
- Define â€œDesign Thinkingâ€ and â€œAgileâ€; next, evaluate the level of efficiency of the technology implementation applying design thinking and agile with a rationale for your response.
- Give your opinion as to your companyâ€™s wireless and mobile technology using the Design Thinking process first by defining the problem and then implements the solutions, always with the needs of the user demographic at the core of concept development. This process focuses on need finding, understanding, creating, thinking, and doing. At the core of this process is a bias towards action and creation: by creating and testing something, you can continue to learn and improve upon your initial ideas. Justify your response.
- Determine the operational and enterprise systems that support wireless and mobile technologies for each company. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the use of network management, Web, wireless, and mobility technologies.
- Define Design Thinking and Agile methods.
- Compare and contrast operational and enterprise systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.