Congratulations. You have just been named marketing manager of a major franchise. Your job will be to perform the daily tasks of a marketing manager.
So what does a marketing manager do? As you know, marketing plays an essential role in almost every industry segment. In its simplest form, marketing management is about making certain that customers’ needs and wants are met while increasing the profits of a company. A marketing manager’s responsibilities can vary a great deal, but will always have this as a central purpose.
Select a company from the three provided for which you would like to be Marketing Manager.
Edible Arrangements® – Edible fruit baskets – Creates fresh fruit arrangements and gourmet chocolate dipped fruit to order.
Cartridge World® – Cartridge Company – carries a complete line of both inkjet and toner printer cartridges. Offers both remanufactured and Original Brand (OEM) ink and toner cartridges for nearly all brands of printers, copiers, fax and postage machines.
Liberty Tax Service® – Taxes – provides tax service to both consumers and businesses.
You are preparing to make a presentation to the CEO of the organization next week on a product development strategy. Your goal is to complete the following tasks in a 3–5 page paper:
1. Describe your new service. Your new service concept must have all the main characteristics of a service which include intangibility, nonstandardization, and inseparability. Include the experience attributes of your product. What role has technology played in your service.
2. How will you measure your quality of service?
3. What barriers might you run into in globalizing your service? Provide specific examples.
4. In terms of the marketing mix, what specific marketing strategies will you use to distribute, price and promote this service?
5. You will provide a 3–5 page (APA formatted) paper with at least three supporting references.
You should include at least one illustration which can be included in the body of your paper or append