Before completing this graded discussion. You should have full understanding of the concepts below, if you don’t please use the textbook and review them first.
- Unemployment, Structural Unemployment, Production, Physical Capital, Labor, Human Capital, Technology, Specialization, and Comparative Advantage
Instructions and Steps:
1. View the following 3 TED Talks (video presentations). As you watch the videos, take notes of any relevant information.
- The key to growth? Race with the machine’s | Erik Brynjolfsson
- The wonderful and terrifying implications of computers that can learn | Jeremy Howard
- Jobs of the future and how we can prepare for them | Avinash Meetoo
2. Decide which of the 3 TED Talks best responds to this question;
- Is human capital the key to avoid being structurally unemployed?
3. Produce a Post of at least 300 words in which you explain your position. Your post must contain at least the following elements:
- It must state the title and the author of the chosen TED Talk.
- It must state the reason why believe that TED Talk best answers the question.
- It must explicitly explain the relationship, connection, or link between the ideas provided in the TED Talk and the concept of Structural Unemployment.
Your grade will be based on how clear, precise, accurate, relevant and logical your post is and if it was turned in on time. Things such as the name of the video, the name of the presenter, your name, the questions, citation, and date do not count towards the word count.
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads