This Module’s SLP is intended to allow you to apply what you have learned in the background readings regarding performing an analysis of a healthcare organization’s basic financial statement of operations. After completing each part of the background readings, search online for a healthcare organization’s statement of operations (at least two years of data; the organization can be inpatient or outpatient, either real or fictitious). Examine each of the columns and the totals in the statement of operations, using each of the topics introduced in Chapter 3 of the required background reading by Dr. Nowicki (2018), then answer the following: http://web.b.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.trident.edu:2048/ehost/ebookviewer/ebook/ZTAwMHhuYV9fMTgzOTA1OF9fQU41?sid=a82d558f-1035-4bf5-bebc-84ee4929621b@pdc-v-sessmgr06&vid=0&format=EB&rid=1
- How is your chosen organization doing in terms of its overall financial health?
- What is your assessment of the organization’s revenues, expenses, operating income, nonoperating income, etc.? How have each of these lines changed from one year to the next?
- What might the changes signify, and what might be the logical cause of the changes? What would your recommendations be for the following year’s revenue cycle?
- How do changes in the economic market often affect the healthcare financial environment? Do you believe the healthcare revenue cycle models the rises and falls of the larger economy?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
- Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references. Include a copy of the organization’s statement of operations as an Appendix at the end of your assignment.
- As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where you are responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least two references from peer-reviewed sources. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources:
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/. Paraphrase all source information into your own words carefully, and use in-text citations.