Prepare: According to the 2016 National Association of College and Employers Report, the top five attributes – known as soft skills – employers seek in their new hires include: leadership, collaborative teamwork, effective communication, problem solving/critical thinking, and having a strong work ethic. Soft skills are skills that characterize relationships with other people or how you approach life and work. By developing your soft skills, you are working toward becoming a more intentional learner.
Write: In a minimum of 250 words and in complete sentences, respond to the following questions:
- Based on your career goals (criminal scene investigator/detective in law enforcement), prioritize the five soft skills in the order that you think will be most critical to your professional success.
- Describe 2-3 ways each of the soft skills can support you in your profession. For example, you can say, “As a business owner, effective communication will be important because my success will depend on …”
- Soft skills are not only developed in a career setting but are also developed through personal interactions. Choose one of the five soft skills and explain how you demonstrate the skill outside of the work environment.
* 250 words at least. ALL in your OWN words. No sources needed for this. Plagiarism will not be accepted.
* No formatting requirements. Remember this is just a discussion post.
* Answer all of the questions.