WEEK ONE INDIVIDUAL ASSINGMENT
Title: Project Estimating Technique
Description: In this assignment, students will review and demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of project cost estimating techniques
- Review Ch. 7 of the PMBOK® Guide and the Week 1 ERR articles located under the “Project Estimation,” “Project Scope,” and “Project Risk Analysis” topic headers.
- Write a 350- to 700-word paper that briefly describes each of the project cost estimating techniques. Include the following:
- Explain when each cost estimating technique would be used.
- Explain how each cost estimating technique is used.
- Provide sources of information needed to determine the most appropriate technique for a project.
- Explain what tools you could use to justify your estimates.
- Assignment must include direct quotations from course texts and may include direct quotes and paraphrases from any acceptable sources as prescribed in Mahoney’s Instructor’s Policies. (Note: Only the eBooks contained in the Learning Activities are considered course texts. Videos, forum posts, and supplemental information provided in assignment materials do not count as the texts.)
- Citations and references must support your assertions, validate your claims, and give weight to your ideas. They are not to be used in lieu of your ideas or as a substitute for your own original work. All citations and references must germane to, and compliment, your own words.
- The total amount of cited material may not exceed 20% of the assignment’s total content; 80% of the assignment must be original work.
- Formatting must be consistent with APA requirements noted in the APA Sample Paper and any supplemental requirements noted in Mahoney’s Instructor’s Policies.
The following file(s) must be submitted for this assignment by clicking the Assignment Files tab. Submissions made in formats other than those listed below will not be accepted for grading
- The assignment paper in Microsoft® Word® format
- Microsoft® Word® 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Skillsoft® Link (Java for Skillsoft Skillport link)